- TRANSFER DEGREE
- MIDDLETOWN CAMPUS
- NEWBURGH CAMPUS
- DISTANCE LEARNING
The Associate in Science degree program in Healthcare Administration has been designed for those students who plan to transfer and continue their business education at a four-year college. This degree is designed to parallel the bachelor’s degree requirements at most four-year colleges in the region. Students enrolled in this degree program acquire an understanding of the relationship between the liberal arts/sciences, healthcare and business. The required mathematics, science and business courses provide a solid grounding for making proper business decisions.
Because degree requirements vary at transferring institutions, majors are urged to see their business faculty advisors and contact the Admissions Office of the transfer institution. Business Department faculty are well-trained and experienced in their areas of expertise and highly motivated to work with students, helping them to succeed in their quest for transfer to a four-year college.
This degree has been approved by SUNY NYS Education Department for online distance learning delivery. This does not mean that SUNY Orange offers every course in the program online; however, many are offered in this format. Please check the current credit course schedule for online DL virtual course listings offered each semester.
Career and Transfer Focus
This degree program is designed to parallel the bachelor’s degree program at most four-year colleges in the region.
Three Reasons to Consider Healthcare Administration
- Health services is one of the fastest growing fields.
- Faculty are educated in their areas of expertise with real-word experience and are highly motivated to work with students, helping them achieve their goal of transferring to a four-year college.
- This degree is a pathway to a bachelor's degree where students will continue to study the business side of healthcare.
- understand the general nature, structure, resources, and operations of healthcare organizations.
- demonstrate the ability to explain an organization's basic accounting, finance, management, marketing, and legal functions.
- express business ideas and information effectively in both oral and in written forms.
Keep This in Mind
Students enrolled in this degree program acquire an understanding of the relationship between the liberal arts/sciences and the business side of healthcare.
The required mathematics, science and business courses provide a solid understanding for making proper business decisions.
Admission to this program requires that students be high school graduates or have high school equivalency diplomas (HSEs). If students are not high school graduates, they may be eligible for admission to the College’s 24 Credit Hour Program. If students are home schooled, they may be eligible for admission.
SUNY Orange has special relationships with upper-level colleges and universities for transfer.
Please note: Because degree requirements vary at transferring institutions, students are urged to see their business faculty advisors and contact the Admissions Office of the transfer institution.
Your Career Coach
Career opportunities exist in the following fields::
- healthcare administrator
- human resources representative
- finance officer
- health infomatics professional
- business owner/entrepreneur
- finance management
- insurance planning and sales
- human resource manager
Program Availability Status
This program is available during the daytime on the Middletown and Newburgh campuses. Some coursework is available online.