- TRANSFER DEGREE
- MIDDLETOWN CAMPUS
- NEWBURGH CAMPUS
- DISTANCE LEARNING
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
7007 College Boulevard, Suite 420
Overland Park, KS 66211
The Associate in Science degree program in Business Administration has been designed for those students who plan to transfer and continue their business education at a four-year college. This degree is designed to parallel the bachelor’s degree requirements at most four-year colleges in the region. After transfer, graduates may major in areas such as: accounting, management, marketing, finance, human resource management, or international business.. Students enrolled in this degree program acquire an understanding of the relationship between the liberal arts/social sciences and the management of business enterprises. The required mathematics, science and economics courses provide a solid grounding for making proper business decisions.
Because degree requirements vary at transferring institutions, majors are urged to see their business faculty advisors and contact the Admissions Office of the transfer institution. Business Department faculty are well-trained and experienced in their areas of expertise and highly motivated to work with students, helping them to succeed in their quest for transfer to a four-year college.
This degree has been approved by ACBSP and SUNY NYS Education Department for online distance learning delivery. This does not mean that SUNY Orange offers every course in the program online; however, many are offered in this format. Please check the current credit course schedule for online DL virtual course listings offered each semester.
Career and Transfer Focus
This degree program is designed to parallel the bachelor’s degree program at most four-year colleges in the region. Students who transfer may major in accounting, management, marketing, finance, human resources management, or international business.
Three Reasons to Consider Business Administration
- Faculty are educated in their areas of expertise with real-word experience and are highly motivated to work with students, helping them achieve their goal of transferring to a four-year college.
- The top occupations with the largest number of openings for the Hudson Valley region include professional business and service-related fields (according to the New York State Department of Labor).
- Our program is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- understand the general nature, structure, resources and operations of business organizations
- demonstrate the ability to explain an organization's basic accounting, finance, management, marketing and legal functions
- express business ideas and information effectively in both oral and written forms
Keep This in Mind
Students enrolled in this degree program acquire an understanding of the relationship between the liberal arts/social sciences and the management of business enterprises.
The required mathematics and economics courses provide a solid understanding for making proper business decisions.
Admission to this program requires that students be high school graduates or have high school equivalency diplomas (HSEs). If students are not high school graduates, they may be eligible for admission to the College’s 24 Credit Hour Program. If students are home schooled, they may be eligible for admission.
SUNY Orange has special relationships with upper-level colleges and universities for
transfer. These transfer
- Alfred University
- Berkley College
- Clarkson College
- Columbia University
- Fordham University
- Franklin University
- Manhattan College
- Marist College
- Marymount College
- Mount St. Mary College
- Pace University (Lubin
School of Business)
- Ramapo College
- St. Thomas Aquinas College
- SUNY Albany
- SUNY Empire State College
- SUNY New Paltz
- SUNY Oswego
Please note: Because degree requirements vary at transferring institutions, students are urged to see their business faculty advisors and contact the Admissions Office of the transfer institution.
Your Career Coach
Career opportunities exist in the following fields::
- management trainee
- business owner/entrepreneur
- finance management
- insurance planning and sales
- human resource manager
Program Availability Status
This program is available during the daytime on the Middletown and Newburgh campuses. Some coursework is available online.